Saturday, May 22, 2010

Bubbly Cheese Bread



Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 15-20 minutes
YOU NEED TO FACTOR IN TIME FOR THE ROLLS TO THAW!


Serves 6 people

6 Rhodes Texas rolls, thawed
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

coarse salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
4 tablespoons butter

[1] Sprinkle counter top or bread board with Parmesan cheese. Press rolls into a ball, place on top of cheese and begin rolling out into a 12 to 14-inch circle. Turn dough over a few times as you continue to roll the cheese into the dough. Place on a 12-inch pizza pan coated with cooking spray.

[2] Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and salt and pepper. Cover with plastic wrap sprayed with cooking spray. Let rise 30 minutes. Remove wrap and bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.

[3] Slice bread with a pizza cutter and serve with butter.


My dough only took about 10 minutes to thaw sufficiently to be malleable.
I just used my fingers to work the dough into a rough circle in the pizza pan I baked it on.
Careful if you are using the coarse sea salt for section [2] - we bit down on a couple of large, crunchy salt pieces in our bread. I'd recommend skipping the salt and pepper altogether (I didn't think it really needed it) or using finer salt to season it with.

per serving: 281 calories; 16 grams protein; 12 grams total fat; 1 gram fiber; 7 gram saturated fat; 26 grams carbohydrates; 33 mgs cholesterol; 716 mgs sodium
6 Weight Watchers Points

1 comment:

Amber said...

that looks so yummy! After you asked about nutrition facts on my recipe I thought about adding them to all my recipes. We'll see :) Love your blog - so cute!