Monday, May 24, 2010

Apricot-Spinach Salad


Prep time: 5 minutes
Serves 4

1/4 cup rice vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 cup dried apricots
4 cups fresh spinach

[1] In a salad bowl, mix vinegar, oil, lemon juice and a little zest. Add apricots and spinach leaves, and mix to coat fruit and greens with dressing.

This salad was simple and quick to prepare. I love dried apricots! I didn't put all the prepared dressing on the spinach - I just kept adding spoonfuls until the spinach appeared to be coated and then served the remaining dressing on the side for those who wanted more on theirs. This salad is very summery - the lemon flavor on the spinach and apricots was quite good.

per serving: 51 calories; 1 gram protein; 4 grams total fat; 1 gram fiber; 0 grams saturated fat; 4 grams carbohydrates; 0 mgs cholesterol; 30 mgs sodium
1 Weight Watchers point

3 comments:

Amber said...

oh, that sounds yummy! I love dried apricots :)

Anonymous said...

I love spinach salads, they are my favorite for the summertime! So easy to do whatever you want as long as you have fresh spinach!

alteredorange said...

Hi!! This is Marie Lyon (fitzgerald) I just started following your blog. I love when people post reciepes. Thanks! Sounds Yummy