Monday, August 2, 2010

Melon and Strawberry Salad

Prep time: 10 minutes



3 cups strawberries, hulled and sliced
2 cantaloupe , cut into cubes
3 cups green grapes
6 sprigs fresh mint

SAUCE
1 cup plain yogurt
3 tablespoons honey

[1] Mix the yogurt and honey in a small bowl. Place strawberries, melon and grapes in individual bowls, drizzle with yogurt sauce. Garnish with sprigs of mint and serve.

Apparently, strawberries are out of season, because I couldn't find ANY. Thus, I used blueberries instead, which I though complemented the cantaloupe and grapes nicely. (Just one plastic carton of them.) I don't like yogurt, never have, and the honey really wasn't enough to cover up the yogurt-y taste, so I added some powdered sugar on top. Yum!
PS. The mint garnish is completely unnecessary.



per serving: 195 calories; 4 grams protein; 3 grams total fat; 3 grams fiber; 1 grams saturated fat; 43 grams carbohydrates; 8 mgs cholesterol; 53 mgs sodium
4 weight watcher points

No comments: